Odyssey House is one of the most successful drug rehabilitation centres in Australia.
Recruitment is flexible, enabling staff to develop and excel in their career. We recruit people who are good at what they do and want to become a valued member of our professional team.
Odyssey House NSW is a drug and alcohol free work place.
All applicants are required to undergo a Police Check and hold or be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check.
HEALTH EDUCATION OFFICER
- 38hr week – Monday to Friday
- Attractive Salary Package on offer
- Various Sydney Metro Locations – Based in Redfern
Odyssey House NSW is a not for profit organisation that provides rehabilitation and community services to individuals with alcohol and other drug dependencies.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Health Education Officer to work across our Odyssey House NSW Community Services throughout the Sydney Metro area, this position is based in the Redfern Office.
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in health related field;
- Demonstrated experience in design, development, delivery and evaluation of health related promotion or education programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues affecting the health and wellbeing of people with alcohol and drug misuse that include harm minimisation principles.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills, including report writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience working in partnership with local relevant services.
- Understanding of the principles of the Privacy Act and its practical implementation in service delivery.
- Knowledge of commitment to implement the principles of WHS, EEO and continuous Quality Improvement.
- Demonstrated abilities to work in an environment of constant change.
- Current NSW Drivers License
Successful applicants need to provide a current Criminal Record Check and a current Working with Children Check. This Full time fixed term contract until 30th June 2018 with a possible extension.
Closing Date: 19th December 2017
How to Apply:
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Address the above selection criteria briefly in your cover letter (max 2 pages)
– Include an up to date copy of your resume
– Only applications answering the selection criteria will be considered