Community Drug Action Teams (CDATs) are informal groups of community members, Local Health Districts, and representatives from other government and non-government agencies who volunteer to work together on alcohol and other drugs (AOD) issues affecting their local community. There are more than 70 CDATs across NSW.
NSW Health has supported the CDAT Program since its creation in 1999.
Commencing January 2021, a consortium led by Odyssey House NSW will manage the CDAT Program. Karralika Programs Inc., Bila Muuji Aboriginal Corporation Health Services Inc. and The Buttery are also members of the consortium. The program was previously managed by the Alcohol & Drug Foundation from 2013 to December 2020.
In 2021, a new CDAT website will be launched by the consortium.
Want to make a difference to alcohol and other drug use in your community?
Apply for funding to support community-based activities
- Applications open March 3, 2021
- Applications close May 15, 2021
- Applications will be reviewed on receipt and applicants will be notified promptly
Who is eligible?
- You must have a designated Chairperson who will be responsible for convening the CDAT and be the primary contact
- Your proposed activities must have a focus on the reduction of AOD-related harm in your community
- Your activities must meet the assessment criteria below
The NSW CDAT Consortium will conduct a review of all applications using the following criteria:
- Focus on the reduction of AOD-related harm in the local community
- Demonstrated local need (local evidence of key issues, target audience)
- Partnerships (demonstrated ability to collaborate, sustainability of previous partnerships, expertise, skills and capacity to influence)
- Community involvement and consultation
- Experience or expertise; and capacity to deliver quality outcomes
To apply click on the link below.
If you would like further information on the CDAT Program, please contact the consortium at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell us about your team
We’re keen to know a little about your successes and challenges, and how you’d like us to best support and communicate with you right now and over the coming years. Please take a few minutes to tell us what is most important to you and your CDAT team.