News & Events
The Great Southern Crossing
Registrations are now open for the Great Southern Crossing Charity Challenge supported by Suncorp, beginning 1st November.
An exciting 28-day virtual team cycling challenge covering a distance of 5,200km, The Great Southern Crossing is a race that is peddling goodwill and powering change for
But if you think it’s going to be an easy ride…think again.
Because as Aussies, we love a bit of fierce competition, which is why this Challenge isn’t for the faint of heart.
Competing in teams of five, you’ll create an online fundraising page and log rides through connected fitness apps (Strava or MapMyFitness) onto your page. As you ride, you’ll watch your team progress virtually along the route and work its way up the leader-board for the chance to WIN some awesome prizes.
There are no easy answers to the problems of drug and alcohol misuse in our society and the reality is that these problems are not confined to an isolated few. However, research shows that rehabilitation can work.
This is YOUR opportunity to make all those kilometres on the bike count. Do it from the comfort of your garage, do it on your local bike-way, do it wherever you love to ride.
• Date: November 1 – 29, 2015
• Registration fee: Minimum fundraising target of $1000 per cyclist
• Maximum of five cyclists per team
• On November 1st the Course map will become a real time tour tracker aggregating data from your Strava or MapMyFitness workouts and recording the progress of leading teams along the virtual course.
• Not only will we be tracking distance, but we will also be recording and displaying elevation, funds raised and charities supported. The count down is on so get your team together and sign up today
So whatever you do…get your team together and register now! Call Sandy at Odyssey House to discover other ways you can support on 8307 8838.