Odyssey House is one of the most successful drug rehabilitation centres in Australia and is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
Recruitment is flexible, enabling staff to develop and excel in their career. We employ people who are good at what they do and want to become a valued member of our professional team.
All applicants are required to undergo a Police Check and hold or be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check.
You’ve seen a position at Odyssey House NSW, you’re interested in, so what next?
Before applying for a role at Odyssey House NSW, we recommend reading through our website to learn more about Odyssey House NSW to ensure our values and culture are a good fit for you.
To apply for a vacant position advertised on this page, please follow the ‘How to apply’ instructions within an advertisement. If you would like to express your interest in working with us in a position not listed on this page as a current vacancy, please forward your Resume with a Cover Letter outlining the position you are interested in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director, Residential Services
The Director, Residential Services is primarily responsible for strategic leadership, management and direction in the planning, delivery and development of all aspects of the Therapeutic Community (TC) Residential Programs here at Odyssey House NSW (OHNSW).
• Strategic, operational and commercial management and executive leadership of all OHNSW TC Residential Services Programs
• Management of projects within the program such as systems implementation or other program development for continuous improvement
• Oversee the Residential Clinical Services working closely with the Director, Community Services in line with our Integrated Stepped Care Model of Care
• Oversee the Progressive Learning Center/School
• Attend Executive Team and Board meetings as a clinical expert in AOD services to provide insight and input to the quality of our Residential Programs within a Therapeutic Community
• Ensuring that our Values, Policies and Procedures are current, relevant, understood and adhered to as are those set out by applicable professional bodies
For more information click here
Close: 31 January 2020
Progressive Learning Centre Principal/Head of School
A unique opportunity now exists for an innovative, progressive and inspiring Principal/Head of School to lead and grow our Progressive Learning Centre (PLC). Authority to exercise managerial powers is delegated from the board, which retains responsibility for the overall governance of the PLC. The Principal/Head of School is responsible for keeping the PLC Advisory Board Members informed of matters pertaining to the PLC to ensure it continues to be an integral and valuable part of our residents/student’s experience and rehabilitation journey.
• Day to day operations and business management of the school and classroom teaching when required
• Implementation of high-quality education programs to ensure that students are provided with opportunities for learning and development
• Implementation of a strategy to ensure continuous improvement and the monitoring of the effectiveness and efficiency of the PLC
• Leading and directing the teaching staff to ensure quality teaching practices are in place and professional development of staff is maintained
• Establishing and managing financial systems
• Representation of the PLC in the wider community
For more information, click here
Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Worker
- Bowral, Fairfield & Campbelltown (South Western Sydney Locations)
- Full Time, Fixed Term to June 2020 (With the possibility of extension)
- NFP Salary Sacrificing available
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and innovative professional individual to join a small Community Services team within our South Western Sydney locations. This position provides effective, comprehensive AOD assessment and counselling that is holistic and culturally competent. The successful applicant will deliver educational and support groups in addition to working in an integrated manner with other Agencies to meet the specific needs of our clients.
As the successful applicant you will join our dedicated Odyssey House NSW team on a full-time basis for a fixed term. You will provide counselling and care coordination, facilitate and
contribute to the development of educational and support programs focused on AOD relapse prevention relevant to clients in recovery. You will evaluate and review client treatment plans, maintain client notes and data, and provide an integrated service liaising with other agencies and support services, and nurture those relationships. You will attend regular team meetings to evaluate the program for continuous improvement. Click here for more information
- Redfern, Salary Sacrificing available
- Full Time
- Fixed Term to December 2020 with possible extension
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and innovative professional. This role will provide senior level administrative, operational and business advice to the Community Services Director and the Residential Services Director by anticipating issues to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of all nonclinical aspects of service delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide advice to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of all nonclinical aspects of service delivery.
- Develop business cases in conjunction with finance for new service delivery models which provide high quality, best practice, and culturally appropriate services.
- Prepare reports, data, budgets, tenders and recommendations based on needs of service.
- Provide comprehensive high level, quality advice on matters and developments relating to business.
For more information click here
Alcohol and Other Drugs Worker
- 33 hours per week, 7-day roster
- Above SCHCADS Award rate of pay
- NFP Salary Sacrificing available
An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic, collaborative individual to offer basic counselling and psychoeducational groups within a detoxification unit and 12-week residential program. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team working at the Odyssey House NSW Ingleburn and Eaglevale sites. As the successful applicant you will join our dedicated Odyssey House NSW team on a permanent full-time basis. You will facilitate groups, provide basic counselling, conduct treatment planning groups, and conduct any relevant assessments and evaluations as required for the stage of each resident. You will attend weekly team meetings to review residents in the therapy group and ensure they’re receiving the specialized care that meets their individual needs. Click here for more information.
Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Worker/Staff On
- Casual, 7-day roster
- Start asap
- SCHCADS Award rate based on qualifications and experience
An opportunity exists for a mature minded, collaborative individual to monitor and support the Therapeutic Community with the smooth running of Odyssey House NSW Ingleburn and Eaglevale operations in the capacity of Staff on Duty. Reporting to the Residential Facilities Operations Coordinator, this position is part of a 7 day rotating roster made up of day, afternoon, night and weekend shifts at either of these locations.
As the successful applicant you will join our dedicated Odyssey House NSW team on a casual basis. You will monitor the overall running of the Centreline operations department. Centerline departments are located at both Ingleburn and Eaglevale. Click here for more information.